Learn how to update the Theme to the latest available version.
Envato Toolkit Method ( Recommended )
If you have not already installed the Envato Toolkit Plugin, please see guide to install it here.
- Login to your WordPress Admin
- Click Envato Toolkit from the WordPress Admin Menu
- Click the Themes tab
- Locate the Theme and click Update Automatically
Use this method if you’re experiencing issues with the other methods or if you simply prefer FTP.
Please note. Only use this option if you have experience using FTP.
Download the Theme from your ThemeForest downloads area by following these steps:
- Goto Your ThemeForest Account
- Click on Downloads
- Locate the Theme and click Download
- Click Installable WordPress File Only
- This will now download the the Theme zip file to your computer
- Unzip the downloaded file. This should reveal the Theme folder.
Next, follow these steps to upload the Theme folder to your Server:
- Open your FTP client and connect to your web server.
- Locate the downloaded Theme folder ( ensure it is unzipped first )
- If you wish to make a backup of the current version, locate the current version of the Theme within your_server/wp-content/themes/ and download this to your computer in a safe area
- When you’re read to update, upload the new version of the Theme folder to your_server/wp-content/themes/
- Once it’s uploaded, login to your WordPress Admin
- Click the Appearance Menu Item
- Click Themes
- Locate the Theme, hover over it and click Theme Details to check you are now using the latest version.